Birth registration appointments are temporarily unavailable
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.Existing bookings will still be honoured. This will next be reviewed on 11 January 2021.
New parents can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit prior to the birth being registered.
Book online at….. eastsussex.gov.uk/registerabirth
Birth registration is by appointment only, via a 2-part process
- Part 1 Telephone Interview (20 to 30 minutes)
- The registrar will call you at the appointment time to take the details for registration.
- They will also arrange your Check and Sign appointment
- Part 2 Check and Sign (5 to 10 minutes)
- Visit the register office to check and sign the register page in the presence of a registrar.
- Please bring a blue or black biro/ball point pen to sign with.
- In line with Government guidelines, face coverings must be worn by all visitors to register offices. You may be asked to temporarily remove your face covering for identification purposes.
- Birth certificates can be ordered online after the register page is signed, at eastsussex.gov.uk/copycertificates. Book online at eastsussex.gov.uk/registerabirth
Births should be registered within 42 days except where Coronavirus restrictions have caused a delay.
If you cannot book online, please call 0345 60 80 198 for assistance, however please be aware our phone lines are exceptionally busy at this time, so please only phone if you are unable to book your appointment online.