Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Come to the Surgery and provide photo ID and a completed form (page 7 of the registration pack) so we can confirm your identity.
- We will then issue you with an access code via email
- To use online services you will need to provide us with a valid email address (these cannot be shared addresses) and a mobile phone. Email and mobile numbers cannot be used by more than one account.
- Download the Patient Access app or the NHS App or go to the Patient Access Website (using the ‘Register for Online Services’ button above) or the NHS App and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form
- After registering, log on with your username (email address) and password.
Some standard (10 minute) appointments can be booked online. You are able to make a booking online for your registered doctor, the GP registrar. Online Access will also let you cancel any appointments.
If you wish to book an appointment with the Nurse or Health Care Assistant please call the surgery directly.
For more information please click on the link online services info at the bottom of the page.
Requesting Repeat Prescriptions
We offer an internet ordering service for ordering repeat prescriptions. This enables you to order your repeat prescriptions via the internet. To use the internet service you need to complete a registration form and then it is possible to order your repeat prescriptions via the internet.
To order a repeat prescription log into your home page and you will see a heading titled ‘Repeat prescriptions’. To order a repeat prescription, click on new medication order. You will then see your repeat prescription list. Click in the box on the plus button of the items that you want to request and then click ‘Request medication’. It is then possible to type a message to the dispensary. The click order medication. A message will then appear saying your GP practice has received your medication order
Viewing your Medical Records
Part of your medical record can now be accessed online. There is a basic level which gives your medications and any allergies that you may have and this is called your summary information. There is also a more detailed level which gives all your coded entries and any blood test results. If you require more detailed access please contact the surgery.
A person with parental responsibility will usually be entitled to access the records of a child who is aged 12 or younger. Children aged 13 or older are usually considered to have the capacity to give or refuse consent to parents requesting access to their health records, unless there is a reason to suggest otherwise.
For further information about online access please click on the link at the bottom of the page. To register for either the summary information or the detailed coded records please click on the links at the bottom of the page. More information about online access is available on the NHS website: NHS CHOICES ONLINE INFORMATION