We are a dispensing Practice and supply most patients with their drugs here at the surgery. There is a direct line to the Northiam Dispensary the number is 01797 254050. If you need to be on a regular medication then the doctor will issue you a repeat prescription which enables you to order your medicines on a monthly basis.
The cost of a NHS prescription is £9.35
If you are on more than One regular prescription a month it will be cheaper to buy a prepayment certificate (PPC)
A Three monthly PPC is £30.25
A 12 month PPC is £108.10
Some People are entitled to free prescriptions
- Age 60 or over
- Age under 16
- Age 16-18 and in full time education
- Are Pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate
- Have a specific medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate. We will tell you if you have a medical condition which exempts you from prescription charges.
- Have a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
Some people receiving benefits are also entitled to free prescriptions
- Patients or their partners who are named on an HC2 certificate
- Some people on Tax credits. They will have been automatically sent a NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Some patients on Income Support. They will have been automatically sent an Exemption Certificate.
- Patients on income based (but not contribution based) Jobseekers allowance
- Patients on Universal Credit
- Patient or their partner is on Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Patients on income related Employment and Support Allowance
- We are being asked by the Department of Health to see proof of exemption whenever a prescription is collected.
- We appreciate this can be frustrating but please do not take your frustration out on our dispensary staff. They are only carrying out the instructions that have been given to us.
- Further information on medical exemptions can be found on the NHS Choices website. Click Help with prescriptions
- For information about the documents you may need to produce when collecting your prescription please click on Dispensing Factsheet
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in a number of ways.
- By dropping off your repeat prescription slip into the surgery
- Posting your repeat prescription slip into the surgery
- Faxing your repeat prescription slip into the surgery
- Fax number for Northiam patients: 01797 252077
- Fax number for Broad Oak patients: 01424 882827
- Ordering via the internet.
For some patients we also run an automatic prescribing system. This is for people who are on simple repeat regimes i.e. only a few items which they always need every month like blood pressure medication.
For patients in the automatic system we process their repeat every four weeks ready for them to pick up without the medication needing to be ordered by the patient.
This system is not suitable for people who have a mixture of regular monthly medications alongside medicines that they only order now and then. If you feel that the automatic system would suit you please discuss this with the dispensary.
On Saturday mornings the dispensary is open to collect medicines from 9am – 10.30 am. Please note there is only a doctor on the premises until 10am to see patients.
To use the internet service you need to complete a registration form and then it is possible to order your repeat prescriptions, make appointments and view part of your medical record online. For more information about the internet service and the application form you can either collect the forms from the surgery or alternatively click on the links below to download the forms.
If you are already a registered user you can sign in below.
We are now offering a home delivery service for patients who find it difficult to collect their medicines from the surgery. This is available to all patients but to comply with the regulations someone always has to be available to sign for the medication at the patients home. If you would like to find out more about this service please contact the dispensary.
Collection of Repeat Prescriptions
Please allow THREE working days for processing of repeat prescriptions. If you are exempt from prescription charges please remember that you need to bring proof of your exemption status when you collect a prescription.